TMC Operations Manual
The purpose of this project is to develop a technical reference that provides guidance and recommend practices to assist in initiating, developing, maintaining, and using TMC Operations Manuals. An operations manual documents the policies, procedures, plans, and other support activities that are performed to achieve the mission, goals, and objectives of the agencies program or TMC. The development and use of an operations manual will ensure the consistent, appropriate, and reliable responses to similar traffic situations, environmental considerations, incidents, and other types of special events.
- Handbook for Developing a TMC Operations Manual (PDF 1.9MB)
- Developing a TMC Operations Manual: A Primer (PDF 883KB)
- Fact Sheet (PDF 237KB)
- Tri-Fold Brochure (PDF 150KB)
- Presentation (PDF 417KB)
To request final documents or materials related to this project, provide feedback and comments, report errors in the final report, or web site questions, contact:
- Freeway Management and Operations Handbook
- Integrated Public Safety and Highway Operations: A Policy Framework and Analysis
- Metropolitan Transportation Management Center Concepts of Operation: A Cross-Cutting Study (PDF 1.6MB)
- TMC Concepts of Operations, Implementation Guide (PDF 3.4MB)
- Developing Functional Requirements for ITS Projects
- NCHRP Synthesis 311: Performance Measures of Operational Effectiveness for Highway Segments and Systems (PDF 3MB)
PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®.