Procuring, Managing, and Evaluating the Performance of Contracted TMC Services
Many public sector organizations that own and operate Transportation Management Centers (TMCs) and their associated field infrastructure are outsourcing various portions of their operations and maintenance and have widely varying models for the accomplishment of this outsourcing. A comparison of various methodologies being utilized for outsourcing of support and maintenance services would be beneficial to system owners when making decisions regarding outsourcing support for their systems. The purpose of this project is to provide guidance and recommended practice to TMC owners and managers to determine their outsourcing needs, activities and the methodologies being utilized to operate and maintain the transportation management systems. This project will also identify a compendium of best practices for the outsourcing of TMC maintenance and operations activities and develop a comparison matrix for benefits of various methodologies that might be applied to functional areas of the total systems.
To request final documents or materials related to this project, provide feedback and comments, report errors in the final report, or web site questions, contact:
- Guidance for Procuring, Managing, and Evaluating the Performance of Contracted TMC Services
- Best Practices Procurement Manual
- Contract Logistics Support (CLS) in the Twenty-First Century (PDF 2.2MB)
- El Monte Busway Case Study - Executive Report
- El Monte Busway Case Study (PDF 2.4MB)
- An Example of an HOV Operational Change: Washington State DOT
PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®.